OnePlus finally launches Oxygen OS on OnePlus One which is now available for all users. Following simplicity, We are going to show use how to install Oxygen OS on OnePlus One without much effort or headache ! Oxygen OS is going to have some more updates in upcoming days and company requested users to send feedback with the help of official feedback application.
Indian OnePlus One users are now come under OTA update from Cyanogen OS. If you running cm-11.0-XNPH44S, you have already received or about to get CyanogenMod version cm-11.0-XNPH05Q which includes MaXXAudio and SwiftKey Keyboard.
For now, Oxygen OS is nothing but some tweaks added in Android 5.0 stock version but Camera got some fixes and it’s better now. It needs more updates to becomes more stable & faster.
Taking the responsibility of ‘Never Settle’ attitude and the responsibility of serving CustomROM from in-house to all Indian OnePlus One user, OnePlus finally unveiled Oxygen OS which is still in beta mode.
If you really rushing towards getting rid of CyanogenMOD and its most frequent CM12 Nightlies updates then Oxygen OS is just for you. We have taken simplicity and easy of access into account to make a simple tutorial on Installing Oxygen OS on OnePlus One (A0001).
Before start process lets have some screenshots f new OnePlus Oxygen OS ROM
Few things to remember before proceeding to further steps:
- Be sure to take backup all data from OnePlus One
- Be sure to unlock OnePlus One Bootloader#
- Be sure Custom Recovery is installed (TWRP)
- Download Oxygen OS and keep in safe place
- Download SDK Tools Only (Size 106MB)
- Download Android ADB driver (Installation instruction is given on same page)
- Download TWRP (for Custom Recovery )
- Make sure to install JAVA
Make sure OnePlus One is running on Cyanogen CM11S
Configure Fastboot environment
1. First of all Install JAVA (Leave step if you already installed)
2. Now install Android ADB driver. You will find instruction on download page > just follow it.
3. Install ‘SDK Tools Only’ > On successful installation, just run Android SDK manager > It will ask you to update at least four files – make sure to uncheck ‘Android 5.1.1 (APK22)’ box which are not necessary for Android 5.0.
4. Now copy TWRP image (openrecovery-twrp-x.x.x.x-bacon.img) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools and rename it: recovery.img
Step 1: Unlock OnePlus One Bootloader
1. Now open ‘Command prompt’ with administrator privilege (Run as administrator)
2. Run following commend to go to platform-tools location
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
3. Now run following command to check current ADB version
Make sure you can see ADB version. If not then reinstall everything carefully.
Keep command prompt opened until last steps of all this tutorial
###4. FastBoot mode: First of all shutdown OnePlus One > Now keep pressing Volume button UP and Power button for few seconds & release once vibrate > You will find Android logo with Fastboot title > leave it in this mode now
5. Now connect OnePlus One with PC/Laptop with data cable
6. Go back to the ‘Command prompt’ and run command:
Make sure you can find your device.
7. Now run command to unlock bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
8. Now run command to check bootloadr is unlocked successfully
fastboot oem device-info
9. And then following command to restart OnePlus One.
Disconnect OnePlus One from PC now.
Step 2: Install Custom Recovery (TWRP) on OnePlus One
Custom recovery in OnePlus one gives you better option to quickly & easily process steps on ROM customization using recovery mode. TWRP is most useful for custom recovery environment setup.
- A) Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘About Phone’ > touch ‘Build Number’ for 7 times to enable ‘Developer options’
- B) Now back to ‘Settings’ > then ‘Developer options’ > Uncheck ‘Update CM recovery’ > DONE.
1. Now follow step ###4 to go to fastboot mode once again
2. Re-connect OnePlus One with PC/Laptop via data cable
3. Go to command prompt once again and run command :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and then run following command once gain to to restart mobile
Disconnect OnePlus One from PC now.
Step 3: Install Oxygen OS ROM on OnePlus One
Now finally you are going to install Oxygen os on OnePlus One.
1. Extract oxygenos_x.x.x.zip and you will fin another zip named : oxygenos_x.x.x.flashable.zip
2. Reconnect OnePlus One with PC/Laptop via data cable
3. Copy oxygenos_x.x.x.flashable.zip to OnePlus One internal storage
4. Once copy is done, disconnect OnePlus One from PC now.
5. Custom recovery mode: Shutdown OnePlus One> Now keep pressing Volume button down and Power button for few seconds & release once vibrate> You will be on TWRP mode (Custom recovery) in 3 to 4 seconds
Now follow steps below carefully:
Step 1: Take ROM Backup
- 1. Tap ‘Backup‘ button
- Make sure Boot, System, Data & Cache boxes are checked (Cross icon)
- Now Swipe ‘Swipe to Backup‘ button from left to right to backup ROM
- Once backup is done press back button to go to TWRP home screen
- Now follow next steps
Make sure you are on TWRP home screen
Step 2: Wipe data
- Just tap ‘Wipe‘ button
- Then tap ‘Advanced Wipe‘ button
- Check (Cross icon): Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache
- Swipe ‘Swipe to Wipe‘ button from left to right to wipe selected data
- Press ‘Back’ button and follow next step
Back to TWRP Home screen
Step3: Install Oxygen OS ROM
- Now tap ‘Install‘ button
- Browse and tap file named: ‘oxygen_1.0.0_flashable.zip’
- Swipe ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘ button from left to right to start flashing Oxygen ROM
- # It takes few 1 to 2 minutes configure system
- Once done, tap ‘Reboot System‘ button > and then ‘Do Not Install’## to restart mobile.
Once done, you will find Android setup process.
Enjoy new Oxygen OS on your OnePlus One mobile.
# Unlocking bootloadr for OnePlus One doesn’t void warranty but extra charge is application for any fixes by OnePlus service center if mobile become dead or not accessible during ROM installation.
## when you select ‘Do NOT Install’ , TWRP skip SuperSU installation which is actually uses to root onePlus One. You can later download latest version of SuperSU and install it using TWRP which seems better.