Airtel brings new mobile phone backup solution. Now you will never lose your precious contacts, photos, videos, music, tasks and SMSes because everything can be restored to device anytime you need.
The airtel Mobile Phone Backup service securely stores your mobile phone’s data in Airtel’s secure Mobile Phone Backup cloud system and also enables you to restore the saved data on your phone (new or existing) whenever you change your phone or in case you lose the data accidentally or in case your phone is stolen or lost.
Airtel will charge you Rs.15 for a period of 30 days.
Here is the process how to activate mobile phone backup:
You should ensure that you have Internet service activated on your handset. Once it is activated, just follow the simple steps below:
1. SMS BACKUP to 57057 (Toll free)
2. Click on the WAP link in the response SMS you receive and download the application on your handset. If you are a Blackberry user, you will be directed to airtel live from where you can install the solution.
3. View the pricing details and if you wish to continue, charging request will be processed and once successful, application download will start on your handset.
4. Now you need to install the app. It shall take around 5 minutes to configure the settings automatically.
5. Once done, open the app and airtel Mobile Backup will by default initiate a Phone Backup of your contacts & SMS once the application is opened (data charges applicable).
6. “Help” feature inside the app will guide you towards checking the history of backup, amount of data used, backup frequency settings and more.
Currently the following OS are already supported: Android (upto 2.3), Java (J2ME) Handsets, Windows (upto 6) & Blackberry (upto 6). Default storage: upto 100MB.